Summer staff 2021
- Ideally, you will have previously been a member of the staff team at KISC (or at least have visited KISC)
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- You need to be a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- You need to be able to communicate in English
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work within an international team of volunteers
- Affinity for customer service and guest contact
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude towards work
- Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule
- Flexibility in working hours according to the needs of the Centre
The resonsibilities will include:
- Checking guests into and out of the campsite
- Running the campsite, including cleaning the toilets and showers
- Cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms in our buildings to ensure a hygienic level of cleanliness for our guests.
- Ordering food and cooking for the small staff team of about 15 people.
By coming to KISC in 2021 to help out, you will be supporting KISC in it's greatest moment of need. It certainly wont be a "normal" summer. But we can promise that it will be a Summer to remember, where you have been one of the key people in keeping Baden Powells dream of a Permanent mini jamboree alive for generations to come.
- Accident Insurance is provided by the Centre: All staff are insured for accidents, both work and non-work related while working at KISC.
- We strongly recommend that you arrange your own private travel insurance to cover sickness, dental treatment, travel to and from Kandersteg, and other cases/material that you consider important, as this is not provided by the Centre.
- Shared Accommodation with other staff.
- All meals, both while at work and on days off
- 1.5 days off per week
- Up to 1 additional week at KISC with shared accommodation and food provided outside of the work period.
- A weekly "Staff Night Out" of programme organised by staff
- A special KISC scarf.
- All bedding, towels, shampoo, soap and other basic toiletries
- Laundry facilities
You will be responsible for securing your own entry to Switzerland including Visas if necessary.
- Summer staff are volunteers and receive neither travel reimbursement for their journey to KISC nor “pocket money”.
- If you would like to stay after helping out, you can pay for accommodation at reduced, ex-staff prices.