Programme Administration Assistant
- Needs to be at least 18 years old
- Is a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- Communicates well in written and spoken English
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with one of the vaccinations recognised by Switzerland
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work within an international team of volunteers
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict timelines
- Affinity for customer service and guest contact
- Experience in office administration and organisation
- Demonstrated professional, disciplined and efficient approach to work and planning
- Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule
- Has previously been a member of the staff team at KISC
- Has experienced the Summer season (programme) during non-COVID times
- Experience in coordinating and organising activities and staff
- Experience in handling customer feedback and complaints
- Holds a driver’s licence
- Communicates well in written and spoken German
- Ensure a high quality of guest service at all times
- Work in the Front Office, welcoming guests and dealing with guests enquiries
- Manage guest correspondence related to programme prior to, during, and after their stay in an effective manner
- Assist in managing the Programme Administration
- Offer and update guest information for programme, activities, etc.
- Manage the communication between KISC and all external programme suppliers, including reservations of activities and payment of bills
- Assist with the daily coordination and management of Programme STS
- Assist in summer training and assessing Staff to lead activities in a safe and correct manner
- Deal with any guest enquiries relating to the Centre
- Run and develop staff training
- Assist in other areas of the Centre where necessary
- Involve in the execution of the Centre’s Operational Plan
- Work and communicate effectively with all staff and guests
The position is part of the Programme Team at KISC. In addition to the Programme Administration Assistant, the Programme team consists of the Programme Director, Assistant Programme Director, Programme Development Assistant, Programme Admin Manager, and in Summer High Adventure Assistant and Hut Warden.
The line manager for this position is the Programme Director. The Programme Administration Assistant has weekly meetings with the line manager and Programme team to cover operational matters, and also has regular one-on-one appraisals.
The Programme Administration Assistant will have regular contact with other members of the Long Term Staff team and it is essential to building a good working relationship and honest communication with them.
The Programme Administration Assistant assist the Programme Team with the daily management and coordination of Programme Short Term Staff.
- Accident Insurance (provided by the Centre): Everyone is insured for accidents, both work and non-work related over the duration of the contract.
- Private Liability Insurance (provided by the Centre): This insurance covers any damage caused by any staff on an object or person.
- Sickness Insurance (provided by the Centre): All LTS will get private sickness insurance if necessary. The deductible (amount each LTS has to cover per calendar year themselves) is, if nothing else mentioned, CHF 300.-. This insurance covers any treatment due to sickness.
- Social Insurance according to the Swiss Law (provided by the Centre): Every LTS must have Social Insurance according to the Swiss regulations. This includes invalidity insurance, maternity leave and old-age and survivors' insurance (OASI). More information will be given during training.
- A room in one of the shared flats in Kandersteg
- All meals at the Centre, both while at work and on days off
- 2 days off per week
- Pocket money starting from 400 CHF per month
- Management and leadership training
- Administration of work permits
- Other benefits as detailed here on our website
- Citizens of EU/EFTA countries do not need a visa, and the Centre secures the necessary work permit.
- For citizens of non EU/EFTA countries who have not been Staff at KISC before and are selected for the position, KISC will apply for a 4-month visa, for a 4-month contract maximum. The applicant needs to be under 35 years old for the whole duration of the contract. Since the PAA position is a 6 month contract, unfortunately there is no chance to receive a visa for the whole duration of the contry for an applicant from a non-EU/EFTA country.
- For citizens of non EU/EFTA countries who have been Short Term or Long Term Staff at KISC before, unfortunately it is not possible to obtain a work permit/visa even for a 4 month period.
- The employment is dependent on securing the necessary special permission from the Swiss authorities.