Helpers - Welcome to the Centenary
- Has previously been a member of the staff team at KISC
- Needs to be at least 18 years old
- Is a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- Communicates in English
- Has to commit for the full period of the event including training days (26 Dec 2022 - 3 Jan 2023)
- Strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with one of the vaccinations recognised by Switzerland
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work within an international team of volunteers
- Affinity for customer service and guest contact
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude towards work
- Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule
- Has an active scouting life
- Experience in cleaning and/or cooking
- Experience in maintenance, repair or grounds work
- Experience in skiing and/or snowboarding
- Experience in PR and Marketing
- Experience in ceremonies logistics
- Ensure a high quality of guest service at all times
- Prepare meals for guests and staff (including catering for special dietary requirements)
- Clean of guest and staff areas within the hygiene standards set out by KISC
- Assist maintenance on different projects
- Lead activities for KISC guests
- Assist in the planning and organisation of laundry
- Assist in organisation of the special New Year's Eve with the countdown to kickoff the 100 years celebration
- Care for all staff working at the Centre
- Assist in other areas of the Centre where necessary
- Flexibility in working hours according to the needs of the Centre
Helpers provide great support for the Centre during the busy times or special events, working very closely with the Short Term Staff and Long Term Staff.
The line manager for this position is one of the Deputy Directors of the Centre. Daily work is regularly supervised by Long Term Staff from different teams.
Helpers will have regular contact with other members of the Short and Long Term Staff team and it is essential to create a good working relationship and honest communication with them. Helpers must understand, respect and follow current KISC Staff rules and regulations during their entire stay.
- Accident Insurance (provided by the Centre): Everyone is insured for accidents, both work and non-work related while working at KISC. Dental treatment is only covered if the damage was caused by an accident.
- If you are accepted as a Helper, we strongly recommend that you arrange your own private travel insurance to cover sickness, routine dental treatment, travel to and from Kandersteg, and other cases/material that you consider important, as this is not provided by the Centre.
- Shared Accommodation with other Helpers
- All meals at the Centre, both while at work and on days off
- 1.5 days off per week when working for at least one full week
- 3 free overnights within a year after the event
- Staff Night Out during the work period, a regular evening of programme organised by staff
- A special green “helper” scarf for 1 week of work or more. A Helper only ever receives 1 helper scarf regardless of how many times they have helped.
- Accident insurance both on days off and during work
- All bedding and towels, shampoo, soap and other basic toiletries
- Basic first aid items
- Laundry facilities
VISA: in the case you need a visa to enter Switzerland, we will support you with visa support letter in an early stage before December 2022. If you are accepted, please send a visa support request to email@example.com.
- If a helper would like to stay longer than the agreed amount of time (listed in Benefits), they must pay for accommodation and food at ex-staff prices. After this period they would also lose the benefits of being KISC Helpers.