Front Office Intern
- Needs to be at least 18 years old
- Is a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- Communicates well in written and spoken English
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work within an international team of volunteers
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict timelines
- Demonstrated professional, disciplined and efficient approach to work and planning
- Affinity for customer service and guest contact
- Office administration skills & computer literacy
- Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft Office and other administration software
- Studies in Tourism or Hospitality Management
- Experience handling large sums of money
- Ensure a high quality of guest service at all times
- Guest correspondence relating to both reception and programme requests prior to, during, and after guest’s stay
- Work with KISC reservation software on an advanced level
- Deal with any and all queries received in the Front Office: over the counter, by phone or email
- Making bookings (accommodation, catering, programme and other services)
- Assist with the administration of Programme activities
- Coordinate information flow between KISC teams regarding guest needs
- Control and count of the Centre’s tills
- Deal with any guest enquiries relating to the Centre
- Assist in other areas of the Centre where necessary
- Involvement in the execution of the Centre’s Operational Plan
- Work and communicate effectively with all staff and guests
The position is part of the Reception team at KISC within the greater guest services team, and also works as part of the Programme team when dealing with guest bookings.
The line manager for this position is the Guest Services Director, with daily work coordinated by the Reception Manager and Assistant Programme Director.
- Accident Insurance (provided by the Centre) for both work and non-work related activities over the duration of the contract.
- Private Liability Insurance (provided by the Centre): This insurance covers any damage caused by any staff on an object or person.
- A bed in shared staff accommodation
- All meals at the Centre, both while at work and on days off
- 2 days off per week
- Travel refund of 300 CHF
- Management and leadership training
- Administration of work permits
- Other benefits
- Citizens of EU/EFTA countries do not need a visa, and the Centre secures the necessary work permit.
- For citizens of non EU/EFTA countries who have not been Staff at KISC before, we can apply for a 4-month visa, for 4-month contracts. The applicant needs to be under 35 years old for the whole duration of the contract.
- For citizens of non EU/EFTA countries who have been Short Term or Long Term Staff at KISC before, there is usually a very low probability of getting another visa. If the non EU/EFTA applicant is suitable for the role and fulfils specific requirements set by the Swiss authorities, there is a possibility to get a visa for a longer contract.
- The employment is dependent on securing the necessary special permission from the Swiss authorities.