- Needs to be at least 18 years old
- Is a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- Communicates well in written and spoken English
- Citizens of EU/EFTA countries do not need a visa, and the Centre secures the necessary work permit.
- For citizens of non-EU/EFTA countries who have not been Staff at KISC before, we can apply for a 4-month visa, for 4-month contracts. The applicant needs to be under 35 years old for the whole duration of the contract.
- For citizens of non-EU/EFTA countries who have been Short Term or Long Term Staff at KISC before, there is usually a very low probability of getting another visa. If the non-EU/EFTA applicant is suitable for the role and fulfils specific requirements set by the Swiss authorities, there is a possibility to get a visa for a longer contract.
- The employment is dependent on securing the necessary special permission from the Swiss authorities.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience in administrative, organisational or financial management or related studies
- Ability to work alone and organise work efficiently
- Flexibility and adaptability to an international volunteering environment
- Willingness to learn about the Swiss requirements concerning financial matters and ability to ensure their fulfilment
- Responsible and confident in dealing with confidential matters and money
- Computer literacy, proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Has previously been a member of the staff team at KISC
- Ability to communicate in German
- Holds a driver’s licence
- Manage many aspects of the financial bookkeeping work (e.g. book bank statements, prepare the accounts payable, issue and control accounts receivable, petty cash)
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager with financial and some human resources tasks
- Cash management from diffrent POS and corresponding tills of the Centre
- Manage KISC Chalet Shop operation during Spring, Autumn, and Winter season
- Control expenses and responsibility to stay in budget for the respective budget lines
- Responsible for the membership administration of the KISC Association
- Assist the Senior Management Team (SMT) with administration and general support matters if needed
- Control and order of office materials for the whole Centre
- Train all staff in areas relevant to administration, finances, and shop
- Process and aknowledge donations received to the centre
- Ensure a high standard of guest service at all times
- Deal with any guest enquiries relating to the Centre
- Run and develop staff training
- Assist in other areas of the Centre where necessary
- Involvement in the execution of the Centre’s Operational Plan
- Work and communicate effectively with all staff and guests
- Flexibility in working hours according to the needs of the Centre
The line manager for this position is a member of the Senior Management Team (Internal Services Director). The Administration Assistant works together with the Finance & Administartion Manager and has weekly operational meetings and 1:1 appraisals every 2-3 months.
- Accident Insurance (provided by the Centre): Everyone is insured for accidents, both work and non-work related over the duration of the contract.
- Private Liability Insurance (provided by the Centre): This insurance covers any damage caused by any staff on an object or person.
- Sickness Insurance (provided by the Centre): All LTS will get private sickness insurance if necessary. The deductible (amount each LTS has to cover per calendar year themselves) is, if nothing else mentioned, CHF 300.-. This insurance covers any treatment due to sickness.
- Social Insurance according to the Swiss Law (provided by the Centre): Every LTS must have Social Insurance according to the Swiss regulations. This includes invalidity insurance, maternity leave and old-age and survivors' insurance (OASI). More information will be given during training.
- Accommodation in one of the KISC rented/owned properties
- All meals at the Centre, both while at work and on days off
- 2 days off per week and 20 days of holidays
- Volunteer allowance (pocket money) starting from 450 CHF per month
- A Swiss Pass (discount card for transportation in Switzerland)
- Operational, management and leadership trainings
- Administration of work permits
- Other benefits as detailed here on our website