2023 Project Assistant
- Needs to be at least 21 years old
- Is a member of an Association recognised by WOSM/WAGGGS
- Communicates well in written and spoken English, and preferably in German too
- Is a Citizen of EU/EFTA country
- It is strongly recommended that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Skills & Qualifications
- Work requires leadership and project management skills
- Profiency in MS office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in Particular)
- Affinity for customer service and guest contact.
- Ability to work within an international team of volunteers.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of volunteers, both remotely and in person.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict timelines
- Has experience organising activities and managing people.
- Demonstrated professional, disciplined and efficient approach to work and planning
- Willingness to work according to a flexible schedule
- Has been a staff member before at KISC
- Academic or/and work experience in Project Management or Adminstration.
- Experience in handling customer feedback and complaints
- Experience in International Scouting and World Scout Events is an asset
- Holds a full driver’s licence
- Ability to communicate in German
Support the operational planning and organization of the 2023 celebrations and events
Assist with the full preparation and operational activities of the 2023 events to include: staffing, work plans, programme and food
Support the logistics of all remote volunteers in supporting the 2023 celebrations
Coordinate and maintain all external suppliers and keep track of expenses.
Follow up with the finances of the project including billing, rental equipment and other financial activities.
Support the reporting processes of all projects, specially the 5 mains events.
Support in other areas when needed
Work and communicate effectively with all staff and guests
Flexibility in working hours according to the needs of the Centre
This position is part of the 2023 team at KISC. The team consists of one Project Director, and many remote volunteers.
The line manager for this position is the 2023 Project Director. The 2023 Project Assistant has weekly meetings with the line manager and the Reception team to cover operational matters, and also has regular one-on-one appraisals.
The 2023 Project Assistant will have regular contact with the Reception team, 2023 Remote Volunteers and other members of the Long Term Staff team and it is essential to build a good working relationship and honest communication with them.
- Accident Insurance (provided by the Centre): Everyone is insured for accidents, both work and non-work related over the duration of the contract.
- Private Liability Insurance (provided by the Centre): This insurance covers any damage caused by any staff on an object or person.
- Sickness Insurance (provided by the Centre): All LTS will get private sickness insurance if necessary. The deductible (amount each LTS has to cover per calendar year themselves) is, if nothing else mentioned, CHF 300.-. This insurance covers any treatment due to sickness.
- Social Insurance according to the Swiss Law (provided by the Centre): Every LTS must have Social Insurance according to the Swiss regulations. This includes invalidity insurance, maternity leave and old-age and survivors' insurance (OASI). More information will be given during training.
- A room in one of the shared flats in Kandersteg
- All meals at the Centre, both while at work and on days off
- 2 days off per week and 20 days of holidays
- Pocket money starting from 450 CHF per month·
- A Swiss Pass (discount card for transportation in Switzerland)
- Management and leadership training
- Administration of work permits
- Other benefits as detailed here on our website
- Citizens of EU/EFTA countries do not need a visa, and the Centre secures the necessary work permit.
- For citizens of non EU/EFTA countries, there is, unfortunately, no possibility to get a visa for this role.
- The employment is dependent on securing the necessary special permission from the Swiss authorities.