Pink Practically Produces Perfect!18.03.2015
PINK PRACTICALLY PRODUCES PERFECT!
Particularly pink Pinkie-practice!
Partially pondering preserving puerile pattern piling P, P, P, P pursuing praise (achtung: french -->) pour PINK...!
But after just three sentences I realise it will be difficult to write something smart and funny for the staff blog with just alliterations...
It is actually a bit difficult, in general, to write something smart and funny for the staff blog. Even when it is for a reason as nice as having been elected Smile Of The Week!!!
However, having finally arrived at Kandersteg International Scout Centre, "competing" for Smile Of The Week didn't require any effort what so ever. The spring Short Term Staff are working their first week in PINK, after an intense but extremely fun week of staff training! I'll tell you what I've done in the past week that has made me smile extra happily...
- Danced and sung to "Footloose" while working in the kitchen
- Ridden a sled down a snowy slope full of laughter, at a speed best described as "I'll Most Certainly Die If I Crash Now-Speed"
- Explored the village of Kandersteg and greeted its locals dressed up as Pikachu with other fellow Short Term Staff
- Gone cross-country skiing, laughed at people falling, gotten laughed at when subsequently falling myself
- Snowboarded down the mountain, competing for the admirable awards of Most Silly Crashes In Shortest Amount Of Time And Distance. First prize is not decided yet, but I think that I might have a shot at winning!
- Woken up every morning looking out at a stunning view of snow-covered mountains towering above me, excited to go to work
- Met some amazing and fascinating colleagues from different countries and backgrounds, and looking immensely forward to getting to know them all
- Sensed that the coming three months will change me
- Realised that I'm actually having the privilege of working with and for SCOUTING, something that I've been doing my whole life, and that I support whole-heartedly
- Felt, all the way into my bone marrow, that I've come to the right place!!!
Go go power rangers!