Snow & Ice Guides
Want to come back and live the dream at KISC? But don't have the time to be Long Term Staff? Want to spend a summer in the Swiss Alps? Then come back as a Snow & Ice Guide. During the busy summer months we need staff to run our Snow and Ice programme. If you haven't been staff before, you will be asked to participate in the general summer staff training which will introduce you to all areas of the Centre.
The full conditions for working as a Snow & Ice Guide at KISC can be seen in our Snow & Ice Guide Framework.
SNOW & ICE guideS
We are starting to plan our Snow & Ice Programme for Summer 2017 and require some enthusiastic people to be Snow & Ice Guides. If you have experience with snow, ice, climbing or of travelling on glaciers and think that you'd be able to teach these skills to Scouts then this is your chance. The dates are from the 2nd of July until the 27th of August 2017. If the dates are not suitable then please apply stating availability. If you haven't been staff before, you should be available from the 10th of June for additional training.
As a Snow & Ice Guide you will receive the following benefits:
- Shared accommodation
- For EU and USA Staff up to SFr. 100.- travel reimbursement (through the European Scout Volunteer Programme)
- All meals, both while at work and on days off
- 1,5 days off per week & regular Staff Night Outs
- Full accident insurance cover (you need your own insurance for equipment and health)
- Use of the Centre's lift passes, subject to availability
- Appropriate Staff training
- A great time in a unique place
Responsibilities of Snow & Ice Guides:
- Provide Snow & Ice, Climbing and Challenge activities to our Guests
- Do Duty for special events such as August 1st and Summer Christmas
- Help around the Centre where needed
- Help with August 1st
- For more information on Snow & Ice, Climbing or Challenge activities please see KanderActive 2017 or the KISC website.
If you are interested please fill in the application form here by the 28th of February. Before you start, make sure you have prepared a CV, a membership confirmation from the International Commissioner of your National Scout or Guide Organisation, and a copy of your passport, as you need to upload these documents in order to submit your application.
If you have any questions, please send us an e-mail.