Want to come back and live the dream at KISC? But don't have the time to be Long Term Staff? Can't join one of our Work Parties? Have a week or two to spare? Then come back as an Ex-Staff Helper. At many times during the year we need extra help for busy weeks or special projects. In order to become a Helper, you must have been Staff before.
Helpers are easily found in their Green t-shirts and sweatshirts and work in all areas of the Centre. Helpers get a number of benefits in return for their hard work at the Centre including:
- All meals and accommodation during their working period
- Access to staff benefits including lift passes, equipment
- Accident insurance
- An extra stay up to the number of days worked (and no longer than 1 week)
The full conditions for working as a helper at KISC can be seen on our Helper Framework sheet.
Summer 2017 Helpers
Summer 2017 is going to be a busy Summer and we will need your help to make it happen.
First off we are looking for helpers during Staff Training, to help in Chalet Services, Campsite and Programme, so the LTS will have time to train the new STS. The dates are from the 8th of June until the 30th of June.
We are also looking for a helper to come during Camp Alpine, to assist with the food supply. Camp Alpine (the big american group) will buy all ingredients for their meals from us and we need someone to help with the distribution. We will also need helpers to guide activities for the same group. Camp Alpine will be from the 19th of June until the 9th of July.
- 1st until 8th of July
- High Season - last 2 weeks of July, until 20th of August
- Front Office helpers - last 2 weeks of July, until 20th of August (previous experience in Front Office desirable)
- International Rover Week - 23rd of July until 4th of August
You don't have to be available the whole time, even one or two weeks during one of these periods would be great. If you are interested just express your interest by filling in this form.