Summer Kit List
This kit list has been developed by our Programme Staff over many years. Please bring what they suggest and leave at home items they ask you not to bring. This way we can help you get the most of your activities! For some activities the Kit List is essential. E.g. No Equipment = No Hike!
- Hiking boots in good condition are essential - Trainers or shoes with no ankle protection are not acceptable.
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers.
- Comfortable socks - wool is best.
- Clothing suitable for the weather conditions: T-shirt & shorts if hot or trousers and jumper/fleece if cold.
- Trousers - Jeans must not be worn.
- Spare clothing - don't forget that the weather can change very quickly in the mountains. Even if the weather is good, you should have some warm clothes.
- A pair of gloves or mittens and a warm hat.
- Neckerchief and sun hat - for protection against the elements.
- Lightweight and water-resistant. Always wrap things inside the rucksack in plastic bags.
Other Personal Items
- Sunglasses, sun cream (at least factor 15) and lip salve. These are very important if you are hiking on snow.
- Food for the hike and extra food for emergencies (chocolate, dried fruit etc.)
- Reusable Lunch Box (when having Centre packed lunches)
- Full water bottle (minimum 2 litres).
- First aid kit, with any special medications.
- Pen and paper
- Sheet and a sleeping bag, if staying in a hut
- Money for transport, huts and emergencies.
- Maps and compasses.
- Complete first aid kit.
KISC MAINLY USES EQUIPMENT FROM THE FOLLOWING SUPPLIERs