Winter Activity AwardWinter Activity Award
For those wanting to take part in a Winter Programme full of variety and challenges, why not work towards getting the Winter Activity Award?
WebSearch Code: 76000
Those under 14 years old must complete any 5 of the requirements.
Those 14 years and older must complete any 7 of the requirements.
- Help build a snow shelter such as an igloo or a snow cave.
- Know about the causes and dangers of avalanches and methods of protection against them.
- Know about and understand hypothermia.
- Try snowshoeing either as a guided or unguided activity and learn the names of the mountains surrounding Kandersteg.
- Build a snowman or some other snow sculpture.
- Experience the Oeschinensee Sled Run and learn how you make sledding safe.
- Try an ice activity - Curling or Ice Skating.
- Try a traditional Swiss Winter meal - Fondue, Raclette or Rösti.
- Spend a day learning how to crosscountry or downhill ski.
- Reach the historical Gemmipass and learn about the famous Altels avalanche.
- Take part in a KISC evening activity.
* Written information available from the Programme Office or for download here:
Information on Hypothermia, Heat Stroke and Atitude Sickness in the Alps [PDF]