Swiss ExplorerSwiss Explorer
Possible in all seasons, this award is ideal for younger children or groups only staying here for a few days. It will help you appreciate Swiss culture and discover Kandersteg.
WebSearch Code: 76110
Those under 14 years must complete any 5 of the requirements.
Those 14 years or over must complete any 7 of the requirements.
- Visit one of our alpine lakes.
- Try a traditional Swiss meal such as Fondue or Raclette.
- Describe any two of the animals that can be found around Kandersteg.*
- Discover the village Museum.
- Walk the marked Wanderweg trail to Höh and marvel at the view from the local look out point.
- Participate in one of the Centre's self-guided trails or hikes.
- Find out why Switzerland's country code is CH.
- Learn about Switzerland's national flower.
- Visit any other village around Kandersteg.
- Discover Blausee during a hiking day.
- Follow the Kandersteg trail.
- Discover the UNESCO heritage site of Oeschinensee
* Written Information available in the Eco Room.