Ski AwardSki Award
Coming for a week of skiing or snowboarding? Why not work towards the Ski Award!
You must complete 7 requirements. Under 14 years old? Complete only 5.
- Ride 3 different types of ski lift from: rope tow, t-bar, chair lift, gondola and cable car.
- Ski or snowboard down a blue run with controlled, linked turns. Learn how the grading of ski slopes work.
- Explain the 10 FIS rules of the ski slopes.
- Play a group ski game, such as “human slalom”.
- Learn how to climb small slopes in your skis and how ski resorts effect the environment.
- Show on a piste map where you have been and learn how to read a ski map.
- Know about and understand hypothermia.
- Learn the importance of warming up and take part in a group warm up.
- Demonstrate how to carry your skis safely.
- Share a ski lift with somebody you have never met before and say ‘Hello’.
- Take part in a KISC evening activity.
Information on Hypothermia, Heat Stroke and Atitude Sickness in the Alps [PDF]