Alcohol & Drugs
The rules are:
- The use and possesion of illegal drugs is strictly forbidden by Swiss law. The Managment will take appropriate actions with the authorities, no exceptions are possible.
- No alcohol is to be consumed or sold on the premises of Kandersteg International Scout Centre.
Exceptions to the rule on alcohol:
The management can make exceptions to this rule, within the legal restrictions. These can be as follows:
- On special occasions such as Christmas Eve, Christmas Dinner, Swiss Culture Night and New Years Eve wine and beer is sold to people over 16.
- Alcohol can be consumed and sold during seminars, conferences and for private parties when they have single use of a building.
- In summer beer and wine is sold at our Discos, at the venue. For this a special license is given by the authorities.
- During International Nights, as brought by guests to introduce their country and culture.
- In the privacy of their own rooms or own campsites as long as this does not cause any disturbance to other Guests.
If we make an exception the following rules are followed:
- We only sell beer and wine
- We only sell to people over 16, if we doubt their age we request ID
- We give leaders the opportunity to control who can drink in their group by handing out special coloured bands
If Guests consume alcohol outside the premises of KISC, it is their own responsibility to limit comsumption to reasonable responsible level.