This dinner is a thank you for the extra work the local suppliers do to fulfill the needs of our big Scout Centre. Furthermore many of our suppliers give us special rates and conditions. And for us this support is extraordinary.
More than 50 people from Kandersteg, over to Adelboden, up to Lötschenpass and down to Bern have shown up to celebrate the busy 2014 and to highlight our ongoing partnership. After a short tour through the centre, some numbers were shown to highlight the year, here some to feel the spirit of the evening:
- 1'186 l of Milk have been used at KISC
- 1'752 Gipfeli have been baked for KISC
- 3'138 nights slept in a mountain hut, that’s more than 8 years of sleeping if it were one person3'903 BBQ (and exactly as many sausages) have been sold
- 4'289 people went swimming, despite the rain
- 8'521 packed lunches have left our building (that are at least 200 loaves of bread)
- 11’525 rides on the Rodelbahn, they travelled 8643.75 km in total. This is the same distance from Kandersteg to Texas in the USA.
- 12’039 rides on a cable car
- 14'073 guests have stayed at KIST until End of October 2014
After these impressive numbers we sat together and celebrated.
Thanks again to the Suppliers who made the extra effort this year that we were able to reach this high number of overnights and guests.