Stroopwafels, Pulp Fiction and a little German helper30.09.2009
Hey Guys! This is Esther from the Netherlands and Tanzi from Germany. We are now Pinkies for almost 2 weeks and it's just magnificent to live at KISC. The days go by so fast but still we are not in rush at all. We are living each day to the fullest, gaining new skills in building/renovation, catering and not to forget CLEANING.... Autumn is pretty much a season of deep cleaning, getting dirty at work and enjoying sauna after a hard day. Actually we might get into the record book for using the sauna like crazy.
"Learning by doing" is our strategy and if you are uncertain about something just think "why not?!" If that doesn't work, just blame it on the altitude. We are still trying to do that as often as we can since we are used to sea level or even below. After 2 weeks it is of course only an excuse.
The short term staff team itself is awesome, here are some random facts:
• Nigel dislocated his shoulder
• Emmy does the crazy rabbit dance
• Maria is hardest working housewife ever
• Kenneth is actually Harry
• Chris likes ferret racing
• Oli manages to go to Iceland and back in less than 14h
• Jakob's car made Harry puke
• Sofie is the secret genius
• Michiel is not even a pinkie
• Esther is the embodiment of smiling
• Gidds always has the warmest clothes on, he's from Africa.
• Tanzi wears the most ripped and ragged pants
• Elena makes the biggest water splash ever, for the smallest person
Now we've gotta go but surely we will update soon. Maybe you fit into this picture as well?! Think about it: