I've Come A Long Way, Baby19.08.2009
Hello everyone! I am Pete from the UK, and I proudly accept my nomination to be Smile of the Week! Whilst Irakqui is hard to beat, I will try to be more smiley than him.
As this is my second summer here in Switzerland I have started to notice things which perhaps you only notice if you've been in Switzerland for too long:
- Cheese and Bread suddenly seems acceptable as a whole meal.
- The fact that swiss 'german' seems to be mainly french and italian doesn't surprise you.
- A train being more than 1 minute late is beyond unacceptable.
- You don't worry about leaving stuff unlocked in town as you know it won't get stolen.
- The five franc coin is better know as a 'beer token'.
- More over the fact that the swiss government have a SECRET BUNKER IN THE MOUNTAIN doesn't surprise you either.
But thats not to say too much time in the Alps in bad for you. I will be very sad to leave here tomorrow, but I'm sure the next Smile Of The Week will keep the spirit of Kandersteg burning on for me!
Pete's "Smile of the Week" picture is inspired in the album "Michael Jackson's Number Ones".