The CommitteeCommittee with SMT November 2014 (not on picture: Bill (US), Johan (NL), Abdullah (SA), Dominik (CH), Patrik (SE))
The operation of the Centre is co-ordinated by an international committee elected by the General Assembly (a meeting for Association members held at the Centre every two years). They meet regularly to receive reports, review what has been happening and decide the future policy of the Centre. The actual operation of the Centre is the responsibility of the Operational Director and the Staff team. The current committee consists of a total of 17 people, with one co-opted member for specific work.
Members of the Association, Committee and Foundation can access documents and reports relating to their work for these bodies via the website login facility.
The current members of the Committee are from June 2014:
Four people appointed by their respective bodies.
- Christoph Buschor (CH), representing the Swiss Scout Home Foundation
- Lidija Pozaic (RS), representing the World Scout Committee
- Hulda Solrun Gudmundsdottir (IS), Represener of the European Scout Committee
- David Imhof (CH), representing the Swiss Guide and Scout Movement
Six people elected by the members at the General Assembly. These members are elected as representatives of their association on the Kandersteg committee:
- Johan van Kessel (NL), representing Scouting Nederland
- Elke Ebert (DE), representing the Federation of German Scout Associations
- Chris Wanley (UK), representing The UK Scout Association
- William Wallace (US), representing the Boys Scouts of America
- Catarina Inverno (PT), representing the CNE of Portugal
- Patrik Hedljung (SE), representing Scouterna
These 6 people are Individual Members of the Association:
- Thijs Stoffer (NL), Chairman of the Association
- Dominik Roos (CH), Chairman of the Steering Committee
- Eliane Baumann (CH)
- Andy Thomet (CH)
- Stefan Kesselring (CH)
- Paolo Fiora (IT)
- David McKee, Director of the European Region of WOSM