Sponsorship / Donation
The Centre has a number of projects for developing both the Centre and Scouting projects around the world. Your contribution can be large or small but will always be appreciated. You can sponsor us while visiting and also from home,through our online donation module here.
These are our current projects, which you can support:
BUY A CHAIR
One of our main sponsoring options is to 'buy' a chair. Chairs cost CHF 150 and will have a plaque, with the wording of your choice, on it. You can buy a chair for yourself, your group or as a present for someone. The chair will remain in the Chalet for you to use whenever you come and visit us. The money goes towards paying for the chairs and other furniture in the building.
If you would like to buy a chair please contact our PR & Marketing Assistant: n+-t3-T27Pyx-Pc@nospam
Verein Internationales Pfadfinderzentrum Kandersteg, 3718 Kandersteg
Berner Kantonalbank, 3001 Bern IBAN: CH29 0079 0016 4942 9119 1
Every year our 'International Night and BBQ' supports a worthy cause in Scouting somewhere in the world. Whenever a guest books the BBQ a CHF 2 donation goes from the payment to the project. This tradition has supported many scout projects around the world, some examples:
- Support scouting in Timor Este, a partner project with Scouts Australia.
- The Scout Extension Programme (Scouting for Street Children) in Kenya, mainly Nairobi. The aim was to purchase neckerchiefs for them so they can identify themselves as Scouts.
- Operation One World Project, a larger operation to support under-privilaged Scouts and Guides to attend the World Scout Jamboree in Sweden.
- Deevelopment of Scouting in the favelas in Brazil.
- Apermanent climbing and abseiling facility was builtin the Philippines to help develop the growth in outdoor education for young people there.
- The 'Rebirth of the Phoenix' project, which helped Lebanese Scouts rebuild their country.
Donations to these projects can also be made through the Centre and do not just come from the BBQ participants.
The bedrooms in our Old Chalet are all sponsored (except for the Members' Room) by National Scout Organisations. So when you visit the Centre you can stay in the Irish, Japanese or USA room etc. The NSO pays for the renovation of the room and also decorate it with items from that country or to do with Scouting in that country. Every year we have rooms renovated, which helps to develop the Centre.
Now available for sponsorship are the rooms in the New Chalet and Kander-Lodge. If you would like more information on room sponsorship please contact