Environmental WorkOn the Green Chalet Tour!
KISC &the Environment
Here are a number of things we do at KISC to minimise our impact on the environment:
- We recycle paper and cardboard, print on both sides of the paper and have paper recycling stations in each office
- We buy local food products when available
- We heat the Chalet and Kander-Lodge mainly with wood from our own forest
- We have an eco friendly washing and drying system and use eco friendly washing products
- We do not have rubbish bins in the guest rooms - only recycling stations in the corridors
- We use 100% hydro-electricity here at the Centre!
- We have dual flush toilets and push button showers
- The Tower is heated with the water from the nearby train tunnel
- Not directly good for the environment but we also buy Fair-Trade products
Underneath you find a PDF version of a PowerPoint that gives you even more examples! And a brochure called 'KISC and the Environment'.
What we do for the Environment (A powerpoint in PDF format - 5.5Mb!) [PDF]
Brochure KISC and the Environment [PDF]